USA Visa Requirements, Process and Document Files

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


USA Visa Requirements, Process and Document Files

If you have doubts or confusion about whether America is the right choice for education. Then you have come on the right place. Here is a guide to help you deciding Why you should Study in the USA. The first step to study abroad in the United States of America is to get admission in a university. Then you must select a university of your choice. After that fulfill all their requirements for admission. WSL Consultants are providing complete and comprehensive information about study in the USA. Here are the Top Universities of the United States of America and their ranking to help you guide. To know the complete application process in 2019. please check this post.

usa top colleges and universitiesusa student visausa student visa interview
study cost in usawhy to study in usausa student visa process and documents

You must remember that most American universities ask for IELTS or TOEFL test. They demand the score with the least eligibility criteria and completed course marks sheet. We suggest you get the services of a Study Abroad Consultant like That solves all your worries from university admission to all visa hindrances. You may contact them anytime for guidance and all free of cost.

Once you get admission in a university they provide some approval documents.  You need to submit that documents to Embassy for your student visa. After university admission, the next step is to get a visa and then the last step is to move to the USA. Following is all the necessary information you need to get a student visa to study abroad in the USA.  WSL Consultants team provide that.

Types of Student Visas:

If you are determine to study abroad in USA then you must first learn about the visa you are going to need. There are three types of USA visas that can be issued to a student.

F1 Visa  (Student Visitor)

You must apply with an F 1 visa application if you plan to go to America for any academic institution. This is the visa most students require when they go to the USA for education.

You will also need an F-1 visa if your course of study is of more than 18 hours a week. you need this when applying for a full-time study like undergraduate or postgraduate.  F-1 visa holders can stay in the US for up to 60 days after completing their academic programs.

With this visa, international students can work up to 20 hours a week on campus when school is in session.  you can work full-time during holidays or breaks.

But first, you need approval from the Department of Homeland Security and the International Office

To apply for the F1 visa, the following are some conditions you must prove prior hand.

  1. Intentions that you will Return Home after completing the program.
  2. You have got Admission to the Approved University of United States.
  3. Must have Adequate Financial Support
  4. Strong Links to Your Home Country

J1 Visa (Exchange Visitor)

It is for those students who are planning to get training that may their home country does not offer.

Students only get J-I visa when their financial sponsor or exchange programme require that.

So, it is safe to assume that this Visa is for Practical Work Training and Internships.

The J1 visa compels the student to return to their home country for two years after the end of their studies in the USA. They will then be eligible to apply for a permanent residence visa.

M1 Visa (Vocational Student)

It is a temporary student visa. It only allows us to attend an authorized vocational or non- academic schools, such as: a trade school or practical training. To qualify for an M1 visa, the applicant must get his enrollment on full-time in a vocational or non-academic education program.

You can say Full-time study  as a minimum of 18 hours of study per week

To AttendVisa Category
University or College 


High School or Private Elementary School
Another Institution/Language Course Program
Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program.M

Required Documents:

1 – A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form. Here is DS-160 Form and for more information about this form visit DS-160 Details.

2 – Photographs in soft and hard copy, taken within the last six months with specifications:

  • Sized in a way that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches or 50% and 69% of the image. The total height should be from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
  • Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background.
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
  • With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open.

It must be in clothes that you normally wear on a daily basis. (No Hats, Uniform, Tinted Lenses glasses, Headphones and Glare on glasses).

visa pic requirement

3 – A passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dated at least six months. Beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.

4 – A receipt must show payment of visa application processing fee  $160. It is a non-refundable fee and must be paid in rupees.

  • When a visa is issued, there may be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee.
  • The Department of State’s Website can help you find out if you must pay a visa issuance reciprocity fee and what the fee amount is.

5 – Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status:

  • Your school/university will send you a SEVIS-generated Form I-20. It’s only when they have entered your information in the SEVIS database.
  • If you intend to reside in the United States with other students. You must get registration in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS).

6 – Your Academic Documents, for example:

  • Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools and colleges you attended.
  • Standardized test scores required by U.S schools like IELTS or SAT.

7 – Your commitment to leave the United States upon completion of the course of study.

8 – Bank statement to prove your financial situation is enough to bear your expenses.

9 – Prove if you have achieved any scholarship.

10 – After completing the visa interview you will get your visa within three weeks. In case of delay, you can contact the US Embassy in your city.

How to Apply:

1 – Complete the Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application DS-160 Form.

2 – Pay the visa application fee.

3 – Schedule your appointment. You will need the following information to schedule your appointment:

  • Your passport number
  • Receipt number from your Visa Fee receipt.
  • Ten-digit Barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.

4 – Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time assigned to you for an interview with the following documents

  • A printed copy of the appointment letter
  • DS1-160 confirmation page.
  • At least one photograph taken within the last six months
  • Your current and all old passports,
  • The original visa fee payment receipt
13 or YoungerGenerally not Required
14 – 79Required (Some Exceptions for Renewal)
80 or AboveGenerally not Required
usa top colleges and universitiesusa student visausa student visa interview
study cost in usawhy study in usausa visa process and documents

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Need Help? Chat with us