Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The spouse visa or civil partnership visa is an opportunity for individuals to live and work in the UK. If you have a British partner, who holds British nationality or is settled there for more than 2 years, you can apply for this kind of visa. However, the requirements are very tough and some of them are terribly restrictive. If you are submitting an application on behalf of your partner, you should comply with the minimum income threshold and it is one of the subjects that often come under question from family groups and read to tough legal battles.
We have experienced team that has dealt with such visa applications before and we are here to represent the individuals who are applying for UK spouse visa or civil partnership visa. Our portfolio is filled with successful cases and we can assist our clients with numerous legal aspects.
Requirements for visa
In order to apply and obtain the UK spouse or civil partnership visa, one must comply with the requirements. These include:
- The civil partner or spouse should be a British Citizen or Settled in the UK
- One has to be married legally or must be in a subsisting relationship
- You look forward to living with your partner who is acting as your sponsor and have appropriate accommodation
- The sponsor should show financial proof of 18,600 pounds per year annual income or should meet the savings requirement. The amount increases in case you have children accompanying along.
- One should meet the English language requirement
Initially, the visa is granted for as long as 33 months and the individual has a chance to apply for an extension of 30 months as the visa comes to expiry. When 5 years go by, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain.
How to apply?
The application can be submitted in numerous ways. You can consider applying online or send it via post. Moreover, there are premium service centers where you can submit your applications. The individual is required to fill a long application form that requires extensive information appropriately you have to submit the supporting documents along.
There are instances when the person assigned by authorities to examine your application has doubts about the relationship and questions whether it is genuine or not. In that case, the spouse visa interview needs your attention. The examiner will ask you numerous questions regarding the two of you to conclude whether the marriage is authentic or is it just a sham.
You are required to submit supporting documents along with your application. The UKVI officials will entertain the applications which are submitted along with:
- Current passport or travel document
- Marriage certificate (or civil partnership certification)
- Details of criminal record and convictions (if any)
- National Insurance number (if applicable)
- Accommodation details
- Bank statements and salary proof (adequate documents to assure that you comply with the minimum income requirement)
- British passport of your sponsor or Indefinite Leave to Remain documents
- If you have children, details of the ones will be required that are coming along
Why you should have a spouse visa?
It is tough to stay away from your loved ones for a long time. Usually, it is heartbreaking and many individuals cannot withstand it. So, if you have married someone who is a British national or is settled in the UK, you can apply for a family visa. It allows you to come and spend time with your spouse. The initial stay granted is for 33 months after which you can apply for 30 months extension. As the latter period comes to a close, the law gives you an option to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as 5 years have gone by.
Our expert’s team will sit down and work on your case. We have a decent track record for the spouse visa applications and can assist you with yours. Coming to the UK and settling down with your partners here can be pretty easy once you obtain the family visa. You can build your future here. However, the immigration officials check the nitty gritty details with great caution and family visas tend to see refusal on smallest grounds. Therefore, your application needs to be strong and appropriate case representation can assist you a lot.