Here we are providing you detail guidelines regarding Study in Canada from Pakistan. Canada is situated in the North American. Providing high quality of education to all international students. More than 70,000 thousands international students chose Canada as their future destination for education. This country consists of ten provinces and three territories. It is the second-largest country by area in the world. Ottawa is the capital city of Canada. English and French languages are the mother languages of Canada. A lot of minorities are residents of Canada, and their population increased from 2011 to 2019.
Why Study in Canada?
Canada is the second-largest country in the world and is known for its vast diversity in culture and inhabitants of Canada. Canada stands in the 3rd position concerning the percentage of international students. According to the reports of 2019, about 400K students are studying in Canada. Yet the number of international students is increasing. There are number of reason but few of them are very important:
Good education in Canada
✓ The Canadian government spends about 5.3 percent of its GDP on education, according to the OECD report 2019, Canada is the most educated country in the world. The report stated that Canadian students performed very well in mathematics, science, and reading. Education in both English and French languages is available throughout the country.
Less expenses in Canada
✓ Education in Canada is less expensive than in other European countries. Students in Canada can learn and earn at the same time. During your study in Canada as a foreign student you can work on-campus or off-campus jobs. But you must have a job permit in your visa.
Good future after studies
✓ UN ranked Canada as one of the best places to live and OECD ranked the world’s one of the best places to study. Because Canada invests a large amount of its GDP in its education system.
✓ In Canada, students are eligible to work off-campus and after completing their program of study. All types of students have extensive opportunities to build their careers. After completing your studies, you can apply for a permanent stay in Canada. Moreover, students can avail of health insurance plans offered by the provincial government.
pathway for immigration
✓ There are a few ways to immigrate to Canada, such as you can study in Canada under a Canada Study Permit. Other pathways are studied in Canada without a study permit and work while studying in Canada. International students who have completed their studies can work anywhere, they desire for up to one year. Even during the study, you can get a job off-campus, without a work permit.
Reasonable costs in Canada
✓ While studying in Canada cost of living for students would be CAD$ 8000-12000 per year, which depends on the location of their residence.
Scholarships in Canada
✓ Many universities in Canada offer students partial and full-tuition scholarships as well as fully-funded scholarships. By receiving these scholarships, students can achieve their dreams of studying at institutions in Canada.
Free education in Canada
✓ If you want to study in Canada for free as an international student, then there is only one way. Because there are no colleges and universities who offer free tuition in Canada, the student will have to apply for a fully-funded scholarship in Canada to cover all of his/her expenses. To receive a fully-funded scholarship s/he will have to write a great application, need a variety of sources to achieve it, and foremost, you must apply for the scholarship.
Study in Canada with IELTS
✓ Proof of English proficiency, either IELTS, PTE or TOEFL score is required. It depends upon the institutions; the score may vary between 6.0 - 7.0 bands in IELTS. Some institutes are offering admissions in their institutes without IELTS. They take an English proficiency certificate or they offer an English course before the actual course. In this way they get admission
Study in Canada without IELTS
✓ You can study in Canada without IELTS. Some universities can accept your applications under some circumstances. These circumstances are as follows: -
✓ You can prove your English proficiency through a letter of recommendation from your previous professor.
✓ You should keep in mind that you cannot receive any scholarship without IELTS.
Work allowed during studies
✓ If the applicant wants to apply for a permit of study s/he must wait for the letter of acceptance from the Designated Learning Institutions. You must apply immediately for study permission after receiving a letter of acceptance. The processing time of study permits may vary, and applicants may encounter delays during the summer months.
Bringing the spouse
✓ The applicant for a study permit may include his family members on the application, to accompany the applicant in Canada. The spouse of the applicant may be able to obtain an open work permit.
Without a study permit
✓ Students who are going to study in Canada for six months or less, do not require a study permit. An extension in the visa is not granted, in the without-study permit. Minor children in Canada can study pre-school, primary or secondary level without a study permit. This law applies to the children of temporary residents who are authorized to work or students and Canadian citizens. But the children of visitors cannot study without a study permit. Furthermore, the family members of the students with study permits do not require a permit to study.
Few Other reason
There are several other beneficial reasons to study in Canada.
✓ You can learn and earn at the same time if you have a job permit in your visa.
✓ You can attend tuition classes at an affordable price.
✓ To compensate for your educational expenses, you can get a scholarship.
✓ You will get free Wi-Fi, magazines, journals, newspapers, and many more useful things to increase you’re learning for free.
✓ If you want to research in any field, your university lectures will support and if your research is really good then you will be funded by the government and industries.
✓ In Canada, you can enjoy nature and beautiful sightseeing spots.
✓ While studying in Canada, you feel yourself at home because of the hospitality, moral values, principles, civilization, and the lifestyle of the country.
Certain levels and certificates in Canada
✓ One-year certificate level
✓ One or two years’ diploma level
✓ Two or three years advanced diploma
✓ After four years of full-time study, a bachelor degree is rewarded
✓ Postgraduate certificate or diploma is awarded after one or two years of study
✓ Master’s degree is available after the study in a certain subject for one or two years
✓ Doctorate or Ph.D. generally requires four to seven years of study
List of institutes & universities
Designated learning institutions are those which have a permit from the government to host international students. Almost all primary and secondary schools are designated learning institutions. An acceptance letter is required to apply for a study permit in Canada. The universities of Canada stand equal to the other European universities according to QS World University Ranking 2019. Here is the list of top universities of Canada: -
✓ The University of Toronto located in Toronto
✓ McGill University located in Montreal
✓ The University of Alberta located in Alberta
✓ University de Montreal located in Montreal, Quebec
✓ The University of Waterloo located in Waterloo, Ontario
✓ Western University located in Ontario
List of top courses
Canada offers the following top courses to study for international students: -
MBA is the top course being studied and taught in Canada or any other country.
- Although the degree of MBA is very costly unless you are attending an MBA degree at Rose Valley University and Seth Kadodimal School of Canada.
- Due to increasing digitization, advancement in automation and big data boom, there is an extreme demand for MBA graduates with specialization in Big Data and Analytics.
- Degree in Computer Science and Information Technology is highly demanding throughout the world. In 2018, IT project managers, Information system Analysts and software engineers are highly demanding professions in Canada.
- Another top priority course in Canada is Business and Finance.
- Core Engineering and Engineering Management is also highly demanding with skills like AutoCAD, industry-standard CAD software, CATIA, civil and chemical engineering in Canada are sought after.
- Physical & Earth Sciences and Renewable Energy course.
- Agriculture Science and Forestry
- Bioscience, Medicine, and Healthcare
- Media and Journalism
- Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science & Analytics.
- Psychology and Human Resources
List of professional courses
Here is the list of top professional courses: -
- Master of Business Administration
- Business and Finance
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Core Engineering and Engineering Management
- Physical & Earth Sciences and Renewable Energy
- Agricultural Sciences and Forestry
- Biosciences, Medicine, and Healthcare
- Media and Journalism, etc
Study in Canada Visa Requirements
If you wish to apply for study in Canada. The first thing that you need to do is to apply for your desired college or university. If you have to study under-graduate level, graduate or postgraduate level you need at least 70 percent marks along with 6 - 7 IELTS band.
Eligibility Check list
You need to check eligibility criteria before application.
- Then you need to have an acceptance letter from any designated Learning Institute of Canada with a valid DLI no mentioned on it.
- Proof of financial aids to cover all the expenses in Canada.
- You must state your purpose in the application and explain it to the immigration officer.
- You need to provide a complete medical check-up report.
- Evidence of no criminal record.
Check list for Admission process
Here is a checklist of the items or documents which are required to apply for a Canadian visa: -
- Letter of acceptance from a Canadian institute with a valid number.
- Valid passport
- Recent passport size photographs
- Valid proof of identity of every single member accompanying you, their photos, name, and date of birth.
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of a Canadian bank account in Canada
- Your bank statement for the past 4 months
- Letter of detailed explanation
How to start admission process
For the process of applying to Canada to study, please follow these steps: -
First of all, you must understand the requirements for the school and the courses they offer.
- Choose your institute and course carefully (only DLI can admit foreign students).
- Take IELTS, TOEFL, TCF, TEF if you want to get a scholarship.
- Fill out the application form for college or university.
- The student must pay a certain amount of application of about $100 - $250.
- You must apply for a permit to study in Canada.
- Schedule your interview if required.
- Valid passport.
- Letter of acceptance from DLI
- Study permit for international students
- Meet the requirements of your desired school and course
- Write the DLI no on your application form
- You need to provide evidence that you can cover all the costs during your stay as well as departure transportation costs from Canada.
- You will have to explain it to the Immigration Officer you will return to your home country after you finish your studies.
- Evidence that you do not have any criminal records.
- Medical reports mentioning that you are mentally and physically stable.
- If you are going to Canada for a short course, less than 6 months, no study permit is needed.
Documents required for Embassy
- Medical check-up report
- You must not have any criminal record
- Evidence to convince an immigration officer that you have strong family bonding, such as job, home, and family that will be the reason for your departure from Canada.
Study in Canada after 10th
If a student who has just finished her/his matric can study further in Canada at Canada’s top-quality schools. For this purpose, you must consider: -
Your matriculation is equivalent to Grade 10 in Canada. You must have 1st division in matric to study further.
To study at an international school, you need the permission of your parents.
Because of your minor or under the age of 18, detailed work with extra consideration is required.
To study in Canada a student can get a study permit from the DLI.
Study in Canada after 12th
After completing your 12th Grade in your home country, if you wish to study further in Canada you need at least 70 percent marks. You need to give IELTS and score at-least 6 - 7 bands. After getting the desired score the next step is to choose a university in Canada. You can choose a university based on the courses you wish to study.
Study in Canada after graduation
In Canada there are more than 190,000 international students are studying. Canada has a key role in higher education internationally. It is very famous in students of all over the world due to different reasons. Canada is an international outlook for about 200 nationalities represented by the students. The government spends high levels of investments in tertiary education. Canada is a bilingual country, and while studying you get a chance to learn a new language to improve your skills.
Study in Canada after masters
After two years of Master’s degree, you can study Doctorate or Ph.D., which is generally four to seven years’ degree programs.
What is letter of acceptance
The letter of acceptance is necessary for the application for studying in Canada as an international student. It is required for a Canada study permit. To attain a letter of acceptance, students must first apply to a designated learning institute (DLI). Filling a study permit application, the following items are required: -
- Full name of the student, DOB, and email address
- Students’ ID number
- Name of the institution, contact information, and name of an official contact person
- DLI number
- Information about school or institution type
- Information regarding study program, level, and year of study
- The total duration of the study program
- Starting date of the study program
- All the financial information
- The expiry date of the letter of acceptance
- Internship or work placement requirement
Study in Canada renew study permit
When your study permit expires before the completion of your studies, you can apply for a renewal of the study permit. It is necessary to apply at least 30 days, for a new study permit before the old one expires. You can apply for renewal via online application or by mail.