International Student Cities in USA – Top 10 Results
The United States of America is a country of 50 states that covers a massive North American band, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii spreading the presence of the nation into the Pacific Ocean. Once you decided to educate yourself in America, did you think which city to go? In America there are thousands of cities. Please check our post to see the complete application process for Study in the USA.
1 – Boston
City Boston is based in the state of Massachusetts. It’s the best student community of U.S. This is the city where you can find Massachusetts Institute of Technology, ranked 1st by QS Ranking as the world’s best university, as well as Harvard University, ranked 2nd best in the world by QS Ranking. So, I’d say that Boston deserves the title of being America’s best. There are also five other universities in Boston that rank among the top 400.
It has many colleges and universities that render Boston an international higher education hub with approximately 2,000 start-ups, including law, pharmacy, engineering and business, the city is regarded as a global leader in innovation and creativity. Boston is also ranked 6th best city in the world by QS Ranking for graduates.
2 – New York:
Is the only area that is often referred to as “the world’s capital.” In addition, many other titles have been assigned to New York that demonstrate its qualities like “The City that Never Sleeps.” New York is a town with the same name as New-York Government. This city provides about 594,000 students attending universities and colleges.
New York also has a wide number of top colleges that render it the second best choice for students in the USA. It is ranked by QS as the world’s 20th best university. Some of the brightest universities in New York (click on the official website name) are:
- Columbia University, ranked 22th best of the world,
- New York University (NYU), ranked 55th by QS and 32nd by THE Ranking
- Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey
- Yeshiva University
- University of Delaware
New York has an annual award of the most postgraduate degrees in life sciences in the United States. It has 40,000 accredited physicians with origins in local institutions and 127 Nobel laureates. The total student population is made up of 13 per cent of international students.
3 – San Francisco:
You’ll consider two of the top rated colleges in San Francisco; Stanford University, ranked 2nd, and University of California, Berkley ranked 26th best in the world. In terms of living costs, San Francisco is more affordable compared to New York’s likes, and ranks as the 27th best student city in the world. Some of the most well-known universities in this city (click on the official website name) are:
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- University of San Francisco
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
1.4% of the student population, 21% of whom are international students. San Francisco is one of the top 10 financial centers in the world.
4 – Chicago:
- hicago is ranked 4th in the best student community in the U.S. and 30th in the nation. With over 2.7 million inhabitants, City of Chicago is the United States ‘ third-most populated city. More than 52 million international and domestic tourists were welcomed in Chicago in 2015, a new record for the city making it one of the nation’s top visited cities. Chicago has been a higher education and research base with several universities around the world since the 1850s. Chicago also has a high concentration of post-baccalaureate, secondary, seminary and religious colleges.Oldest University in the World – Top 10 ResultsChicago is home to two of the world’s most admired universities, Chicago University ranked 10th in the world, and Northwestern University ranked 32nd, plus two more universities in the top 500 worldwide. Following are the most famous Chicago-based universities (click the name to visit the official website).
5 – Los Angeles:
Los Angeles, affectionately dubbed the “City of Angels,” is a global city of vibrant film, music, television, fashion, science, athletics, technology, healthcare, health, and medical. It has been listed sixth in the Global Cities Ranking and seventh in the Global Economic Power Index.
all within the town limits, there are three public universities and many others are private. It has 13,130,000 inhabitants. Thirteen percent of their whole student body is international. It is the United States’ second largest metropolitan area. Los Angeles is ranked 5th best for students in America and 42nd in the world. Below are Los Angeles’ most famous and top-ranking universities (click on the name to visit the official website).
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), ranked 10th of world by THE.
- University of Southern California, ranked 54th of world by THE.
- California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA),
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN)
6 – Washington DC:
Washington DC is ranked for students as the strongest 6th in the United States and 42nd in the nation. Washington DC actually means Colombia’s Washington City and has been named in honor of President George Washington. Washington City was founded as the new national capital in 1791. There is an approximate population of over 690,000 in Washington DC.
Times Higher Education ranks the top university in Washington 70th best in the world. Thirteen percent of their total student population are international and happy to develop with quality education. Then there are Washington DC’s most famous and top-ranking universities (click the name to visit the official website).
- George Washington University, ranked 70th best of world by THE.
- Georgetown University, ranked 71th of world by THE.
- University of Maryland, College Park, ranked 126th best of the world.
- American University
- Howard University
7 – Philadelphia:
Philadelphia, with a population of over 1,600,000, is the 4th most populated city in the U.S. There are many universities and colleges that render Philadelphia a top destination for international study, as the area has developed into an economic and educational center. It is the best seventh in the U.S. and 48th in the student city of the world. His main university is ranked 18th in the QS ranking and 9th in the world’s ranking.
In Philadelphia, 13 percent of students are international in search of the quality of education that is not available elsewhere. There are many universities in this region, but the most popular and top ranking universities are following (click the name to access the official website).
- University of Pennsylvania, ranked 9th best of world.
- Drexel University, ranked 95th best of the world by THE.
- Temple University, ranked 82nd best of the world by THE.
8 – Pittsburgh:
Pittsburgh is the U.S. state city of Pennsylvania. For students, it’s best 8th in the U.S and 58th in the universe. Because of its beautiful and stunning total of 446 bridges, it is also known as “City of Bridges,” which adds quite an attraction to this city. Pittsburgh is often high on the lists of the most livable cities in the nation. Forbes named the seventh best place to raise a family in Pittsburgh..
The highest university in the ranking is ranked 17th best in the world. International students make up 21 percent of their total. There are many universities in this city but the most famous and top ranked universities are following (click on the name to visit the official website):
- Carnegie Mellon University, ranked 17th best of world by THE.
- University of Pittsburgh, ranked 34th best of world by THE.
- Duquesne University
9 – Atlanta:
Atlanta City, located in the state of Georgia, has a population of over 465,000 people. Atlanta is America’s 7th– next most-visited place, with more than 35 million travelers every year. The tourism industry in Atlanta is mostly powered by museums of history and outdoor attractions in the area. Atlanta is also home to well-known private colleges and universities across the country.
Atlanta is considered a higher education center because of the more than 30 colleges and universities located in the city. It is ranked 9th in the United States and 58th in the world as the best student city. Atlanta is a very green town full of sights and relaxing locations, also named “Town is a park.” THE Ranking places 33rd in the world for its top university. In this city there are so many universities, followed by the most famous and highly ranked universities (scroll down the page the name to visit the official website):
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), ranked 33rd best of world by THE.
- Emory University, ranked 92nd best of world by THE.
- Georgia State University
10 – Baltimore:
Baltimore is ranked 71st in the world, securing 10th place as the Best Student City in the U.S. Baltimore remains located in the state of Maryland, USA. It’s America’s largest independent city. Baltimore has more public monuments per capital than any other city in the country, so enjoying your spare time is not going to be difficult.
Baltimore’s economy has been positively influenced by its educational institutions, with about a fifth of Baltimore’s workers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. His main university is rated 16th in the world’s best. Below are Baltimore’s most prominent and top-ranked colleges (click on the official website name):